Music was my therapy, before I knew what therapy even was.
There are so many benefits to music that we don’t even know about. Neuroscientists have discovered that listening to music heightens positive emotion through the reward centers of our brain, stimulating hits of dopamine that can make us feel good or even elated.
Listening to music also lights up other areas of the brain — in fact, almost no brain center is left untouched — suggesting more widespread effects and potential uses for music.
- Ease pain
- Increase workout endurance- Music enjoyment elicits dopamine release (the feel good) and dopamine release has been tied to motivation. So helps motivate you to keep working out, harder, longer.
- Improve sleep quality
- Help people eat less
- Reduce stress
- Induce a meditative state- Namaste
- Relieve symptoms of depression
- Elevate your mood
- Improve Cognitive performance
- Help people perform better in high-pressure situations
So, press play and start changing your mindset.
Music is the new medication prescribed. Its holistic benefits are amazing. Turn the volume up, start listening, and feeling the effects.